Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Growth Mindset: My Editing Challenges

For this week's Growth Mindset challenge, I chose to do more editing challenges. When it comes to writing my stories, I always try and go back through to double check that I am not missing anything important. As this class has continued throughout the semester, I have found a lot of editing challenges that have helped me a lot. One thing that I have found helps me a lot is to have two windows on my computer open. One screen has the original story I am reading from, and one where I am starting my own story. That way, I can re read the source and make sure I am not doing anything to similar to the original, and not too far away. A lot of the time, I will find that I have strayed too far from the original- almost to where there is nothing connecting the two! So it always helps me to re read the original and make sure I am on the right track. I have found that this helps me especially when I am doing Wednesday's reading in case my mind starts to wonder and I don't have a good enough story. So, re reading the source is great way to help you stay on track when you feel like you are wondering off too much!
Growth Mindset

No comments:

Post a Comment