Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

I think overall my choices for my readings have been good ones. I think I prefer to do most of my stories in the classical sections, to me, those are the easiest for me to read and think of new ways to re write stories. I also really enjoyed the Persian Fairy Tales unit I did a few weeks back. I usually have Mondays and Wednesdays to do most of my assignments, so on those days I will work at home and try to knock out most of the week in one sitting if I have the time! My notes have definitely helped when it comes to the Wednesday story assignments- it is much easier to look back on my notes and get ideas on how to expand my full story. I think for the upcoming stories it will be really cool to use a Native American story. I am currently enrolled in a Native American Studies course, so it will be really interesting to see how I can connect the two classes assignments and make a story out of it!

Overall I am happy with the stories I write, although I could change them up a bit. Most of my stories are all done in a certain style, and I would like to broaden out and try different perspectives, or styles. When I have questions about my writing, I usually call my dad. My dad is actually an English teacher and has helped me with my writing as long as I can remember- so it's extremely helpful. As for my Storybook, I am overall content with it. I think I was confused on how to do my intro, but after the helpful emails, and feedback comments I now have a better grasp on what to do. I think I definitely want to master writing in second or third person rather than strictly first; I think I'll give that a try with my upcoming stories.

I love reading other people's stories! It is really cool to me to see how other people have different writing styles and different content. I think I could be a little more in depth with my comments instead of giving simple feedback comments. But other than that, I am having a really good time in this course and have learned so many things- considering how not tech-savvy I am!

Fry Writing Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment