Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lauren's Storybook Favorites!

Mermaid Tales of The World
I have always been very interested in Merpeople, so as soon as I saw the title that was related to Mermaids, I was instantly pulled in! I am not very familiar with the theories of mermaids, although I am very interested. Because I do not know that much about them, I figured this would be a great story for me to look into! The introduction for this story definitely gave me some insight into the full story and made me want to keep reading. It was really cool to see a story starting out in first person and how she was writing a letter to the audience instead of just telling a story. The layout of the page was really beautiful as well! The blue colors of the page really interacted well with the "mermaid scene" it was trying to portray. This gives me a great idea on how to eventually turn my blog into something that really reacts well to my personality.
The Little Mermaid
                                                     Mermaid Tales of The World link

In a World of My Own
The movie, and book, Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorites! The plot has been so interesting to me because it has never been done before. So the title of this caught me instantly. The introduction to this story was very interesting; also being third person! I only wish I could go back in time to being a child and having an imagination like Alice's. Wherever Wonderland is, I hope to find it one day and have my own white rabbit. I also enjoyed how it switched from Alice's view to Duke (the rabbit)'s view about half way through the story. The design of this page was very dark and ominous, but it fit very well into the theme of the story. If I were writing a darker story, having a darker themed page would make more sense than having a brightly colored theme.
Wonderland painting by Gordon Tarpley

How My Hero Asked
This story caught me instantly. When I first clicked the link, I was not sure what I was going to read, but as soon as I read the introduction my thoughts instantly changed. The introduction is very grabbing and that is something I love to see. When I read a book or a story, I want the first page to be as eye catching as possible, and this definitely caught my eye. The page is very heart felt (literally, there are pink hearts all over the page), and is so brightly colored! But it was interesting because if you keep reading, you will see this is a page for fiancĂ©’s who have conducted heroic acts. Not heroic acts in ways that make a girl swoon, but in a way that he actually did something to fight an evil monster or defeat a bad guy. This was a very interesting page and I cannot wait to read the entire thing!
Heroic painting 


No comments:

Post a Comment